Welcome to the Digital Leaders page. Digital Leaders are children in KS2 with a passion for technology who want to share their knowledge with others and promote the use of all things digital throughout the school. Being a Digital Leader is a fantastic opportunity to take on responsibility, learn new skills, develop and demonstrate leadership skills.
What do digital leaders do?
Level 1 Leaders
- Fetch and set up laptops and tablets – ensuring these are kept charged. Increase the use of tablets and computers in school to support learning.
- Report broken or malfunctioning equipment.
- Review apps and software and make recommendations.
- Raise the profile of computing in the school
- Produce a termly newsletter for parents with advice on how to use technologies at home.
- Meet with the pupil safeguarding committee each term.
Level 2 Leaders
- Run or help at a lunch club or after school club
- Write instructions for different pieces of software or apps.
- Complete the Purple Mash Digital Leader challenges.
- Contribute to the Purple Mash Digital Leader Blog.
- Help other children to log into Purple Mash.
- Feed into whole school decisions about future development of technology.
- Run or contribute to parents’ meetings.
- Update and monitor areas of the school website or school/class 2Blog.
Level 3 Leaders
- Test out new Purple Mash tools when they are released.
- Show teachers, children and parents how to make the most of the Purple Mash tools.
- Make governors more aware of the importance of ICT/computing in all areas of the school.
- Make videos and presentations.
- Represent the school at events sharing their expertise.
- Help to inform and enforce the school’s online safety policies.
- Attend staff meetings to train staff.
- Create how-to video help guides.