What is pupil premium?
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England.
It’s designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers.
Are you eligible for Pupil Premium?
Did you know that our school receives funding to help children who are eligible for free school meals?
This means we can help support families to enrich their children’s’ learning experiences through school trips and clubs, learning support, music and swimming lessons.
Even if your child already receives universal free school meals (Reception, Year 1 and 2) you may still be entitled to apply!
Families who receive the following are eligible for Pupil Premium, including free school meals:
- income support
- income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- income-related employment and support allowance (ESA)
- guarantee element of state pension credit
- Universal Credit (with an annual income of less than £7,400)
- Both income-based and contribution-based JSA/ESA if you receive the same amount for both. You should also qualify if you receive both but the income-based amount is greater, but not if the contribution-based amount is greater.
- Families who are awarded Child Tax Credit and have an annual income, as assessed by HMRC, not in excess of £16,190 are also eligible to claim free school meals providing there is no entitlement to Working Tax Credit (unless in respect of a 4-week ‘run-on’).
Please go directly to https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/education-learning/apply-free-school-meals or call 01926 742543 to apply.
If you need any further help please contact Miss Bradburn - Pupil Premium Champion
Infant free school meals in England
Your child will be able to get free school meals if they’re in:
- reception class
- year 1
- year 2
Tell your local authority if you also get any of the qualifying benefits. Your child’s school can get extra funding if you do.